Monday, October 29, 2012

my direct loan has a new home

Last week my Direct student loan was resold to another lender.  This isn't the worst student loan experience I've heard of, but it's really common for student loans to be resold, hopefully this is the first and last time for me.

My main complaints are

  • I have to set up a new account, direct payment with my account.  At least I wasn't trying to set up anything special, but I'm still worried about information not being transfered in time resulting in a late payment.
  • This happened aprox 2 weeks after I paid $500 extra towards my balance. I don't doubt my debt was bundled and re-sold because some model rated it higher.  If I want to pay extra above my monthly payment, do I run the risk of my loan being resold again?
  • Without my permission. I can't get too upset over this, because it is part of the contract and banks having the ability to do this is essential for the market place to provide loans in the first place, but it still makes me feel powerless as a borrower.  

  • Alright I'm done gripping now. I'm sure people have worst stories than this.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment